Your air conditioner’s efficiency will decrease if it is not maintained and cleaned regularly. Air filters that are dirty use more energy, leading to higher electricity bills. It can accumulate dirt, bacteria, mildew, and dust if your central air conditioner filter isn’t cleaned regularly. These contaminants can build up in your home and cause a decrease in air quality. This guide will show you how to clean AC filter?
Clean Air Conditioner Filter Process
1. Turn off the AC Unit
- When Clean an Air Conditioner Filter, the first thing you should do is turn it off. Unfiltered air can circulate throughout your home if you leave the AC on while cleaning and removing the filter.
- Your air conditioner should be turned off.
- To open the unit, use a screwdriver and take out the filter.
- Some units may have multiple vents. Ensure to inspect the inside of your unit to ensure you have removed all filters.
- Inspect the filter.
2. Vacuum the filter
- It’s time for you to get rid of any dust or buildup.
- If the central air filter is clean, you can attach the hose to your vacuum cleaner or use a handheld vacuum.
- If your vacuum hose can’t remove the buildup, it will have to be washed.
3. Rinse the Filter
- To deep clean your HVAC filter, mix one-part water with one part white vinegar in a large sink.
- It can be rinsed with clean water, dried completely, and returned to the AC unit.
- You can wash the filter outside if it is too big to fit in your sink. Don’t use a pressurized setting in your hose to avoid damaging the filter.
4. Replace the filter
- Air conditioner filters can become worn and damaged over time, so they need to be replaced.
- You can check for damage by turning off your unit and removing the central AC filter.
- It’s time for a replacement if your filter shows signs of damage like holes, tears, or excessive grime.
- You should carefully read the AC filter packaging to determine how long the manufacturer warrants its effectiveness.
- Keep a reminder on your calendar to change the filter according to manufacturer specifications.
Also View: Key Factors for Strange AC Sounds
Air Conditioner Filter Cleaning Tips
When cleaning your air conditioner filters, there are some things you should keep in mind. Here, Atlas Aircon – AC Repair in Ahmedabad provides some simple tips to help you Clean Air Conditioner Filter:
- For optimal efficiency, clean your AC filter every month. If possible, do not clean your AC filter before it reaches 100 degrees in the summer or below freezing in winter.
- When washing an air filter, let it dry in the sun for 20-30 minutes before replacing it. This will prevent mold problems.
- The type of filter will determine the cleaning method that you use. A wall air conditioner might have different filter requirements than an HVAC unit. To confirm the best method, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure you check to make sure your electrostatic air filter is washable. If it is not, it will need to be replaced when it becomes worn out.
- It is better to replace disposable air conditioner filters than clean them. Water can cause mold problems and should not be used.
- It would help if you also cleaned the fan and coils with a canister filled with condensed air. This will remove dust and buildup.
You can save energy and reduce your AC’s workload by learning how to clean an air conditioner filter. We have the right tools to clean your AC filter with a vacuum cleaner or water. Atlas Aircon offers an AMC service for AC repair in Vadodara, Gujarat.